Pinpoint Analyzation for Your Agency
Determine bench strength for succession planning, identify labor market effects, and forecast the structure and future needs of your organization
Indigo Plan — Enterprise Strategic Planning (ESP) — assists line managers and staff professionals in analyzing the organization, employee demographics, competency/skill mix, payroll expenditures, and other workforce profiles to determine trends, identify labor market effects, conduct scenario planning, determine bench strength for succession planning, quantify the costs of organizational activities, and forecast the structure and needs of the organization in future years.
Indigo Plan factors in retirements, attrition, cycle time to fill positions, training costs, training capacity, and similar factors. Cost projections are provided across multiple years, and Indigo Plan utilizes workforce behavior profiles to project key events across multiple years and the resulting impact.
A look at Indigo Plan: ESP’s Key Features
- Total payroll cost information for the current and projected organization and links to Indigo by Avue® position data and available time and attendance data to determine the costs of organizational activities, as in activity based costing.
- Assistance in defining actions managers should consider based on forecasting trends, while helping managers engage more proactively to reduce cycle time between workforce events and corrective, supplemental, or replenishment actions.
- Analysis of scenarios and forecasting the impact of various organization configurations, based on their structures and position designs. Through the application of workforce behavior profiles, ESP projects key events, then models the resulting impacts on people, the organization’s costs, and the manager’s proposed interventions. This includes factoring in retirements, attrition, cycle time to fill positions, training costs, training capacity, and similar factors. Cost projections are provided across multiple years.
- ESP utilizes workforce behavior profiles to project key events across multiple years and the resulting impact on people, the organization’s costs, and the manager’s overall plans. This includes projecting retirements, attrition, cycle time to fill positions, typical length of service, and similar factors. These profiles identify key events that will require managerial intervention, such as when to begin recruiting, discussion of promotions, or conversion of contract employees to permanent.
- ESP provides the manager with digital advisory services along with notification of the event.
- ESP provides detailed information on succession planning by business unit utilizing the skills and capabilities represented by the employees, using Indigo by Avue’s® online skills survey inventory within that unit, employees in the organization overall, and job requirements as presented by the positions defined within the unit either currently or on a projected basis.
- ESP allows line managers and staff professionals access to both top-level and specific information regarding current skills and the projection of skills needs in the near future. Workforce behavioral profiles, including retirement and promotion patterns for the organization, identify key skill requirements and the currently available internal talent meeting such requirements.
- ESP graphically represents the potential bench strength for each individual position and can list employees that meet projected future requirements and the degree to which the employee matches the position’s requirements or the current incumbent’s skills inventory.
- Employee development activities, designed to build bench strength, can be identified for each employee and are compiled by the Indigo Learn functionality into individual employee development plans.
Indigo Plan: ESP Highlights
- Desktop access to integrated, organizational and employee data, taken from payroll, personnel, time and attendance, and financial systems.
- Projections that reflect workforce changes as employees are hired, separated and promoted.
- The ability to project costs and strength levels based on current employment, hiring history, attrition rates, anticipated retirements and other factors that affect the workforce.
- Succession planning analysis, development, plan authoring, and results reporting.
- Graphical representation of the potential bench strength for each individual position as well as lists of employees that meet projected future requirements.
- Individual employee development activities, designed to build bench strength, ensuring that there are highly qualified people in all positions, not just today, but tomorrow, and in the future.
Indigo Plan: ESP Feature Functionality
- Labor expense projections for the current workforce and alternative workforce levels.
- Modeling tools to assess the impact of various interventions on hiring, retention and organizational capacity.
- Analytic tools to compare resources with requirements and organizational capacity with organizational demand.
- Graphic and tabular display of costs, headcount, trends and gaps.
- Ability to import historical data for modeling.
- Reports on the impact of forecasting scenarios.
- Online guidance including frequently asked questions, succession planning strategies.
- Business and strategy plans development with goals and objectives.
- Diagnostic tools for analysis.
- Trend and statistical analysis.
- Succession planning reports with analysis of current and required skills.
- A model that recommends development experiences in which critical competencies are strengthened and demonstrated through measurable achievements.
- Tools that measure critical leadership and job-related competencies used for self assessments.
- Support for the selection of those who have records of achievement required for middle and executive level positions.